CNC Setter / Operator (Milling Machine)
|Salary:||£11.15 Per Hour|
|Salary Details:||shift allowance|
Job Title: CNC Milling Machine Setter / Operator
Salary: £11.15 per hour (long term contract / potentially permanent roles)
Hours of work: Day Shift then hours will change to 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, 10pm - 6am (shift premium up to 33%)
To set and operate CNC machines for a high range of products both in aluminum and steel.
- Milling machines
- One-offs (non-batch work)
- Working to tight tolerances
- Fanuc controls
- Vertical or Horizontal CNC machines
- To set, machine, and inspect a wide range of products
- To work in line with systems and processes defined within the ISO9001 & ISO14001 quality & Environmental standard.
- To be responsible for the quality and quantity of their own work.
- To comply with all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures (safety glasses / shoes / PPE / work wear etc.) Reporting any relevant issues to line supervision
- To help train all existing, new or transferred employees (temporary and permanent labour), within the scope of a Setter/Operator role.
- Demonstrates an understanding of machining instructions, gauges etc.
- Demonstrates a proficiency in measuring product tolerances.
- To demonstrate a high level of common sense and flexibility.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Ensure that all issued tooling is maintained and used correctly, and that lost or broken tooling is reported to Line Supervision
- Demonstrate proficiency in setting a variety of CNC machines.
- Identify faults in tooling/measuring equipment and reports to Line Supervision.
- Demonstrates flexibility within the work area, irrespective of job role.
- Demonstrate involvement in and contribution to Lean activities including the use of SOP, generating ideas for improvement in work areas, identifying and carrying out 6s activities and taking ownership of housekeeping within the work area
- To perform housekeeping, 6S and TPM activities as appropriate.
- To be aware of the process flow charts and department standards that are available and operate in line with them
Customer Satisfaction Requirements
- Builds and reinforces our reputation with internal & external customers of our world-class manufacturing facility
- To ensure that the customer is provided with products of the highest quality standard, and on time.
- To work within and understand other department systems that impact on the department.
- To perform and maintain all part characteristics according to Engineering / Product Line / Customer specifications
- To perform all quality assurance functions, SOP requirements, process controls and inspection frequencies to assure product quality, ensuring that all defective material or parts are reported to line supervision.
- To maintain 1 in 10 inspection processes and complete all relevant documentation.