Facilities / Maintenance Engineer
|Salary:||£23,500 to £24,000 Per Annum|
|Salary Details:||numerous benefits|
Job Title: Facilities / Maintenance Technician
Salary: 11.50 per hour (£24'000 per annum)
Benefits: 25 days' annual leave with the 8 Bank Holidays. Death in Service scheme which is 2 x salary. Also Pension scheme.
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the buildings, facilities and grounds of the site.
Responsible for the maintenance and service of all machinery and technical equipment on site.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance system
- Assist in the preparation of preventive maintenance records
- Ensure safety checks on all machinery are conducted and records maintained
- Respond to machine breakdowns to minimise plant downtime
- Install and commission new and current equipment where required
- Liaise with on-site contractors where required
- Ensure all contractors are signed in/out and that necessary paperwork and subsequent safety procedures are adhered to
- Procure and maintain spares lists for all equipment
- Maintain all reactive/preventive records on all machinery and equipment using the maintenance system
- Reduce/minimise machine downtime to achieve performance measures
- An understanding of the Health and Safety at Work etc.
- A forklift truck license is preferred but not essential
- A full UK driver's license is essential
Skills and Experience:
- IT literate including proficiency in Microsoft applications is essential
- Good literacy and numeracy skills are essential
- At least five years' experience within a maintenance/facilities environment is essential