Manufacturing Engineer (Automotive)
|Salary:||£25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum|
|Salary Details:||numerous benefits|
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £25'000 - £30'000
Benefits: 25 days' annual leave with the 8 Bank Holidays. Death in Service scheme which is 2 x salary. Also Pension scheme.
- Drives through a culture of continuous improvement and waste reduction.
- Using data and lean methodologies identifies improvement projects within the business
- Supports the Sales and/or Business Management team on the response to new business acquisition RFQ's and programme related RFQ packages.
- Design cell layouts to ensure manufacturing processes run in line with lean principles
- Supports the NPI team through the programme introduction life-cycle as per process.
- Tracks and reports specific project KPI's
- Investigate techniques and technology available in the market place that will add value and reduce cost.
- Is directly accountable to the plant manager for improving the manufacturing performance of the cutting and sewing cells within the business
- Identifying and managing improvement projects
- Ensuring all work instructions are up to date.
- Material usage is at Its optimum
- Value stream map for all process lines are in place and up to date
- Design and implementation of manufacturing cells and techniques for new products
- Collection and interpretation of data to determine areas for improvement
- Creation and leadership of cross functional improvement teams to implement projects including scheduling and conducting of regular action meetings to track and communicate progress
- Drives through and manages PCR changes relating to process or quality improvements ensuring all documentation reflects changes made.
- Develop cutting programs and strategies that will yield the most cost effective use of raw material.
- Creation and management of value stream maps on a 90 day cycle for all processes within designated cells.
- Design shop floor layout for new product lines
- Identify any manufacturing jigs and fixtures that are required for new products.
- Verification of actual SMV values throughout NPI build phases ensuring that all non-value added time is identified and eliminated by Job 1.
Preferred Education and Experiences:
- HNC/HND in manufacturing Engineering or appropriate experience
- Ideally should have 5 years' experience in the automotive interior trim industry.
- Proven track record of implementing lean methodologies and techniques