Senior Maintenance Technician
|Salary:||£40,000 Per Annum|
|Salary Details:||benefits TBC|
Role: Senior Maintenance Technician
Salary: up to £40'000
Shifts: 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm
(On Fridays the shifts will be 5am - 12pm, 12pm - 7pm,)
You would also be expected to work a night shift to cover for absence purposes this will be paid with a 30% shift allowance
The Company: The business is represented at over 45 locations in over 25 countries and employs more than 10,000 people across the world,
Direct reports: 2 Maintenance Technicians per shift
Main Purpose of the job:
- Support the Maintenance Manager and Plant by controlling the day-to-day activities of the Maintenance team.
- Delegate tasks to the maintenance team ensuring production targets and quality objectives are met by contributing to the effective maintenance of all plant machinery and equipment.
- To lead by example and to work as part of a team responsible for meeting quality, cost and timing targets within the role.
- To flex own working pattern where required to support departmental holiday and sickness cover.
- Oversee and drive the day-to day operation of the maintenance technicians
- Support the Maintenance Manager in the operational and organisational duties of managing the maintenance team acting as the first line of management within the Maintenance environment
- Drive the maintenance team, completing activities such as department performance, 5S and health and safety auditing, accident and incident reporting
- Lead and develop maintenance team members including the development of a TPM culture, help, understand and develop their Training needs
- Delegate tasks as and when required
- Attend the morning Zone meetings and provide clear data and forward planning for issues raised
- Ensure breakdowns are responded to in a timely manner
- Be the first point of contact on the escalation procedure
- Respond to call outs for weekend and night shift issues when and where required
- Liaise with manufacturing on priority of workload on shift
- Conduct shift change over meetings where applicable
- Ensure that planned maintenance work against TPM plan and support breakdown activities are carried out
- Contribute to the improvement and development of the planned maintenance system
- Liaise with the Planning Department to schedule time in the Production Plan to conduct TPM activities
- Ensure the Maintenance and accuracy of up to date records of all TPM activities take place
- Organise and liaise with contractors, raising permits to work when and where required
- Update documentation and software where required to improve fault finding and diagnostics
- Support effective diagnostics and rectify equipment problems quickly and efficiently
- Support and Facilitate PPS / PFU activities to identify root causes of deficits and manage the achievement of relevant corrective actions
- Work flexibly and carry out additional duties as required
- To maintain a safe working environment and actively support the continuing development of a safety culture across the site
- Work to and assist in maintaining departmental & plant budgets
Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
- Good, sound engineering background, ie an understanding of manufacturing processes, (automotive experience an advantage).
- Basic knowledge of business and quality systems in the automotive sector.
- Comprehensive understanding of equipment electric, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their limitations etc.
- Able to understand 'modern engineering philosophies', for example Kaizen, Poke Yoke, 5's, standardised work, FMEA, ISO14001, TS16949 etc.
- BTEC Certificate in Engineering, City & Guilds Electrical Installation Parts I & II or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of PLC Systems (Ideally)
- Previous supervisory or maintenance team leadership experience.
- Lead by setting a positive example demonstrating enthusiasm and initiative
- Team player.
- Ability to manage conflicts and differences of opinion and still achieve objectives.
- Ability to be firm but fair setting expected levels of conduct and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communicator at all levels of the organisation.
- Self-motivated and proactive at all levels.
- Time management and planning skills.
- 3 years post qualification experience.
- Experience within first or second tier supply automotive (Ideally)
- Experience of a pressurised working environment and producing quick and beneficial results