What are the targets (candidates) motives?
- Unless we can establish this, the recruitment process will most likely come apart
Where will we find the target?
- Is the target making himself available in the open market or are they passive in their search for new roles?
- Will we find the target by looking at our clients competitors?
- What method of communication is best used to communicate with the target?
What is the targets job search process?
- Understanding where the target is looking - adverts, LinkedIn, word of mouth etc.
What are the targets interest levels in this role, what will make them accept the vacancy?
- Does the clients job vacancy address the candidates needs?
Providing all the information once the target has been approached
- Its is critical that all the information is provided by the client as this in the one opportunity we have to secure the target. Information required would include the following
- Full job specification
- Salary / Benefits package
- Company culture
- Business ethos
- Progression opportunities within the business
- Business success stories
- What is the interview format?
- What are the companies expectations?
Providing the offer
- Offer required ASAP to retain the targets interest
- A written offer is a sign of intent and better method then delivering verbal offers
The post 'offer' conversation
- Are they truly happy with the offer? Have all the expectations been met? Where are the negatives in the offer made? - it is essential all negatives are tackled
On boarding process
- Eliminate all doubts or second thoughts the candidate will have
Do we have a happy client and candidate?